My own 3D game engine written from scratch in C++ using OpenGL as its drawing API.
It started out as a small framework but has grown into a more mature engine over time. I use it for my personal projects and it's not really meant for public use or distribution in any way.
Here's a short list of things that are currently possible in the engine.
- Asset management for models, shaders, textures and audio
- Binary serialization
- Render passes
- Loading levels from script files
- Appending levels as prefabs inside of other levels
- Entity messaging
- Blender addon that lets you export to game projects directly
- Timeline/sequencer for the creation of cutscenes and scripted events
- Basic profiling tools with debug UI
- Built-in audio player
- FFT and amplitude data for audio busses
- probably more things, there's also a lot of functionality missing still
Projects running on the Shatter Engine
- GitHub - public engine repository (for educational use)